• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bad photo..Downy Woodpecker? (1 Viewer)

I think its just a Nuttall's.

Downies are very small and much unlike Nuttall's. You'll know it when you see it.

Not certainly identifiable from your photo, but if I had to guess I would say Red-breasted Sapsucker (Red-naped Sapsucker would be unusual in the Bay Area).

Wow. Based on the comments, sighting reports and what I saw through the binoculars-vs-images of all these species, I'm really confident in this being a red-breasted sapsucker.

And for next time: try to give us something like 800x600 pixels to view, this was an awfully small picture

Niels

I was probably 125 yds away with a 100mm lens into a bright background. Just snapped a few on the off chance I got something identifiable.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back