• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2GB compact Flash cards (advice please) (1 Viewer)

devon.birder said:
As I did not get a reply to my E Mail of the 13 August I chased MyMemory and they replied saying they would "look in to it". As I did not hear from them again I chased them this morning and within a few minutes received the following reply "It really should take a 2gb card no problem.". In my opinion they have not bothered to investigate this with Nikon and if I had not chased them again I very much doubt if I would have heard from them. Still, it looks like despite what their web site says they agree that a 2GB Card is OK to use with a Coolpix 4500. What a surprise!!!. Roger
I wonder if they googled for the answer and ended up on this thread ;)

Andy Bright said:
I wonder if they googled for the answer and ended up on this thread ;)

That wouldn't surprise me. Their web site is still showing this:

Nikon Coolpix 4500 Memory Cards - Compact Flash Type I

The following memory cards are compatible with your Nikon Coolpix 4500. Every memory card we offer is manufactured to the highest standard and carries a 2 year minimum warranty. Your Nikon Coolpix 4500 accepts Compact Flash Type I cards. The largest Compact Flash Type I card you can use in your Nikon Coolpix 4500 is 256MB

Roger

devon.birder said:
As I did not get a reply to my E Mail of the 13 August I chased MyMemory and they replied saying they would "look in to it". As I did not hear from them again I chased them this morning and within a few minutes received the following reply "It really should take a 2gb card no problem.". In my opinion they have not bothered to investigate this with Nikon and if I had not chased them again I very much doubt if I would have heard from them. Still, it looks like despite what their web site says they agree that a 2GB Card is OK to use with a Coolpix 4500. What a surprise!!!. Roger

In the end I purchased a 2GB card from 7 day shop for £17.99p. Absolute bargain now that I have tried it in my CP4500. It is working a treat.

John

All Lexar Professional and Sandisk Extreme III Cf cards come with image retrieval software. This works perfectly well and I have been able to use this software on other manufacturers cards and retrieve 'lost' images, even after they have been re-formatted.

As for a 133 x write speed card witht the CP4500 this will be of little use because of how slow the camera itself is at writing the images to the cards and the size of the image buffer in that camera.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back