• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss ht 8x42 vs swarovision 8.5x42 (1 Viewer)

batvenci

I want to know which of the two binos will give me more pleasing views, more clarity and more wow factor? And is it true that zeiss ht 8x42 is better than zeiss sf 8x42? Thanks!

I think you should try these models out before you buy, if you can.

In my experience and I own the 8.5 SV and a 10x42 SF, I really like them.

I have only handled an HT for a short time, and I found that it did not work well for me, the ergos
with the focuser, etc.

When you are talking about binoculars at this high level, it is left up to personal preference.
They are all very good.

Good luck with your search.

Jerry

HT is easily a better binocular than the SF. If you like the open bridge design then the SV is your man. The extra cost for the SF isn't worth it.
Focusing and handling of the HT is excellent and the view is crystal clear. Audi or BMW .... just depends on what you prefer!

Thank you all of us for the very useful experience. i will reduce my choice to swarovision 8.5x42 and zeiss ht 8x42. Which will give e more wow, higher transmission and clarity? Which is closer in the view from the best wow 10x50 swarovision? Many thanks!

The SV has a larger sweetspot and sharper edges than de HT...

The SV's sweet spot is only larger by percentage of the view. The HT's is larger by FOV.

Light transmission for the SV is about 89 - 90%. They are not as bright as my Victory FL, which has 91%. The HT has 95%.

Percentage tosh doesn't necessarily translate to how it looks in real life. Most people would never know there was a difference.

The SV's sweet spot is only larger by percentage of the view. The HT's is larger by FOV...

Your definition of sweet spot must be very different from mine. These bins have almost identical FOV, the Zeiss being very slightly more (~399 vs. ~408 ft). To my eye, the sweet spot of the SV is essentially the entire view (only marred by some tiny contrast loss and CA towards the edges) whereas the Zeiss suffers from significant astigmatism starting not far from the central area, rendering the sweet spot quite small by comparison, whether measured as real or % of the view.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back