• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

P&S with min 15X - Recommendation- (1 Viewer)

DHB

Looking for one with minimum 15X optical Zoom. IE Canon SX10IS, Nikon P80, Olympus SP565 and the Fuji S2000HD.

Want to keep it under $400USD.

Thoughts??

Dave

Hi
Panasonic FZ 18, 18x optical zoom, 8MP, excellent image stabilizer, just sold one to upgrade to full DSLR but for what I sold it for I wish I had kept it for an everyday carry around.
Good luck
Ian

Look at the Panasonic FZ18 and FZ28 on the Panasonic camera thread. I use a Panasonic FZ18 with a Nikon X1.4 extender, and find the combo is excellent in any decent light. Very light and easy to carry compared to an equivalent dSLR/long lens combo.

If you are close to a good camera store, try to go in and look at all your contenders. Look especially at the quality of the View-finder, and at the size of the narrowest AF/meetering setting you can set on each (smaller is better). And definitely add the Panazonic range to your list of contenders, I am a happy user of the FZ18.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back