• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

4 New Fall Warblers for Id please (1 Viewer)

nikovich

I have a real hard time trying to ID these Warblers - especially this time of year - any ideas please guys ?
Taken today in a Forrested Park , Saskatchewan - Canada
many thanks in advance !

Attachments

• unknown warb.jpg
    unknown warb.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 170
  • unknown warb2.jpg
    unknown warb2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 138
  • unknown warbler 3.jpg
    unknown warbler 3.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 158
  • unknown warb 6.jpg
    unknown warb 6.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 145
I strongly believe that 1, 2, and 4 are definetly Yellow-rumps, and as for 3, it sure looks awfully yellow on the underside, I'll let Thayeri or somebody call that one ;)

They're all Yellowrumps. Michael, take a look at that last one's throat and head pattern. The strong yellow color is probably caused by the lighting - it does not look like natural to me.

Brown Creeper said:
They're all Yellowrumps. Michael, take a look at that last one's throat and head pattern. The strong yellow color is probably caused by the lighting - it does not look like natural to me.

aww shame that they are ALL Yellow rumps - I was hoping at leats one of them would have been a Lifer :)
thankyou Brown Creeper.

Brown Creeper said:

aww shame that they are ALL Yellow rumps - I was hoping at least one of them would have been a Lifer :) The 3rd one really DID have an all Yellow breast though - it wasn't a trick of the Light - I was watching it for over 10 minutes . For awhile I was thinking it was a Pine Warbler.
thankyou Brown Creeper for your help.

Last edited:
now someone just suggested picture 3 could be a Magnolia Warbler in Fall plumage --arggggh :)

but If you guys say they are all Yellow Rumps then that's what I'll take :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back