• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Birds (1 Viewer)

Judo

Hi Again All,
Here are some photos I took in the garden yesterday. Is it the same Baby C.Dove as the other day, or another one I wonder??......whatever....isn't it cute?? The garden was very busy with birds jostling for food and the nesting material. A Starling was gathering food, so maybe babies soon?? My beloved Jackdaws are getting braver, and will come to the table when I'm sitting out in the garden now. The birdbath was very popular too, I had to refill it three times!!
Sorry for hogging the board with all my photos, and thanks for looking. Now I must go and get on with some work today, can't play hookie twice on the run!! Will catch up with all the lovely posts later.
All the Best to All,
P.S. Is it just my 'puter acting up again or is BF very slow today??

Attachments

• 1)Baby C.Dove.JPG
    1)Baby C.Dove.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2)Baby C.Dove.JPG
    2)Baby C.Dove.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 3)Jackie on table.JPG
    3)Jackie on table.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 4)Song Thrush.JPG
    4)Song Thrush.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 23
  • 5)Robin in bath.JPG
    5)Robin in bath.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 19
Lovely pics Judo, its always a pleasure to see whats going on in your garden.

Yes, we seem to be on a go-slow this morning.

No problem at all Judo, I love seeing what's going on in other people's gardens and their local patch. May have some myself later on.

BF seems to have been on a go-slow on and off for a week or two now. Sometimes it takes forever and I give up, but now it's on at normal speed again.

Lovely photos again Judo, love the baby C Dove. I get quite a few of them in the garden but never seem to see the young ones. They don't have the black collar at first is that right? Very rarely do I get a Thrush.
Like your bird bath, mine has been very busy today and have to keep topping it up again, especially after a Starling goes in it.
Always love to see your photos, keep them coming.
All the best,

Not much to report on my garden birds at the moment. One Blue Tit was seen taking a large beakful of the dog's hair yesterday, and judging by the amount that has gone, a few more have had some too. The Sparrow that I mentioned the other day is still calling from above the nest box on the garage, but not doing any more than that.

The highlight for me has been that a pair of Collared Doves has decided that this is a good watering hole after all. Now I know that some of you have them in quantity, but two together for the last five days is a first for me in this garden in over 6 years. The first pic was taken through the window as I knew there was no way I could get out without them flying off. The second was taken shortly after they had done what all good birds are doing at this time of year! No idea where they are nesting though.

Attachments

• CDs front lawn.jpg
    CDs front lawn.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 21
  • CDs.jpg
    CDs.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
Hi Judo,
As you can see, your pics are always appreciated, I think garden pics have a lovely feel to them & I quite like having a little peek into peoples begonias! ;)
(that's legal in Wales!)
My puter seems ok today, but the last week or so was very slow, mine decided to freeze on Bill's poor tatty Robin!!!
Thanks for your lovely garden report Judo.

Lovely pics Wendy, Collar Doves are so pretty, Ive noticed how tame they can be, I'm sure they ask for food at times, bless!

Thanks both

Not just me thinking it's all running so slowly then.

Hi Judo,

Delightful photos of your beloved feathered friends. Yours too Lyn, beautiful ones, let's hope they bring some youngsters for you too to really revel in.

Sue.

Hi again All, and Thanks all for your lovely replies and all your kind words. I always worry when I seem to be posting a lot of photos, in case you all get fed up to the back teeth of me!!
Wendy lovely photos of your pair of Doves I hope you get some young 'uns after their exploits!!
and Chrissie, yesyou have it right in that they don't have the collar at first.
I have three S.Thrushes visiting at the moment. Two were having a scrap this morning, which is unusual as they usually feed and share the garden quite amicably, must have been protecting his ladies honour!!
I'm glad it wasn't just my computer that was on a go slow, it seems OK tonight though.
Thanks for enjoying my photos and for being so kind about them.
All the Best to You All,

Hi Judo.
Some lovely pics yet again. I particularly like the one of the Song Thrush, and I'm jealous to death of you having three visit your garden. I haven't seen one anywhere for some time.

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Lydia & Baz,
Thanks to both of you for your kind words.
Lydia, Yes, I am very lucky in the variety of birds who visit me.
Baz, I'm sorry you've not seen a S.Thrush recentlyas I know how you love them. I hope you get to see some soon.
All the Best to Both of You,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back