• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss warranty in the UK? (1 Viewer)

redleg

Hello

Since my hunt for a binocular upgrade has started I've been offered a pair of Zeiss FL 8x42 at £825. Assuming they are in good condition, and I see them in the flesh prior to parting with any cash, are these a reasonable buy? (They are the lotutec model.)

My main worry would be the warranty issue. Since I'm a clumsy swine, and forgetful, I'm quite concerned that I may need the warranty at some point in their life! Is this transferable? The bins come with the original receipt, but I think they have already been registered. I have looked at the Zeiss website and got no further.

Many thanks in advance

At least in the US, warranty is on the bin, not on the owner. So there is a lifetime transferable warranty on the binoculars. As I got them from the US, I don't know about European warranty from Zeiss.

In the Netherlands, you have 30 years of warranty, from the moment the bins are bought. You have to register the unique code on every binoculars online for making the warranty valid, and you have to be able to deliver proof of payment to a Zeiss dealer shop in the Netherlands.

So I guess the warranty is perfectly valid, as long as the binoculars are bought at a shop that is part of the Zeiss dealer network, you have proof of payment, and if the bins are registered. The only thing I haven't figured out is, if it matters if the name filled in on the register form has to be yours, or can just be left blank.

http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A80033F8E4/Contents-Frame/436FD37CCBF86D1941256A690045E754

Does £825 seem a reasonable price for these, apparantly mint and barely used bins?

yep, i would say they are.

Theres a s/h 8x42FL with a 3 out of 5 condition, for sale at £999 at LCE.

i would try to haggle a bit more if i was you though LOL ...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back