• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

am i dreaming? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
aaaaaaar the pleasures of patch watching.i confess to have several on the go at once since i can't stay loyal to one particular area.being a non driver it is easier to cycle to local hotspots rather than suffer public transport to nature reserves.just as well because in the last two months i have found more local goody's than i can recall ever seeing in the last three years of birding,maybe as a result of gaining more experiance and becoming more observant over time.how's your patch this spring?,matt

Patch watching IS very enjoyable as you soon get to know 'your' birds and their behaviour/movements from month to month....it's a great way to learn more about birds and general natural history!
I don't really have one as such at the moment - for the first time in over 21 years of birding - but will be moving soon so will probably get myself back along to St Mary's in Whitley Bay once more when we are back in the NE!
Used to be there all the time when we lived in the area but am now 45+ miles away...bit far to travel for a local patch! ;)

GILL

Last edited:
My patch is good and should be for the month of May. The spring migration will be over by the end of the month and temperatures will be in the high 90s so this is the last month to see those migrants.

I have my oriole back. Have you noticed that they are making their rounds at about the same time each day? Do birds have a set daily schedule?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back