• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vixen 9x20 Compacts (1 Viewer)

johnno

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on these Binoculars?

I bought them very cheaply, off Ebay Australia for throwing in a pocket,or in the car.

They are marked "Passed Nakajima",
so I assume Japanese made.

Fov 6.4 Deg.

I also assume reasonably recent,as they are in absolutely as new condition

Any Help would be Much Appreciated.

Regards
John

Attachments

• Vixen 2.jpg
    Vixen 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
What did you need to know? They look pretty standard, except most in that category are 8x20. If the FOV is wide enough, they should be of some use. I have seen a few odd 9x20s on sale. Good luck.

Added:
one 9x20 is easily obtainable
http://www.binoware.com/binoculars/47096720.htm

Hi Tero,

Thanks for your reply,and the link.

I just mainly wanted to know some fellow owners Impressions of this Binocular.
Like, is it
Phase coated.
Waterproof,etc as I want to keep it in the car,
And am a little concerned re Fungus,and mould developing,if not waterproof.

I cant find any info at all,anywhere.

I only paid AU$ 30.00 including postage,so no big deal if they fail.

I simply thought,the "Passed Nakajima" sticker meant they were made in Japan,so Cant be half bad.

FOV 6.4 deg.

For Birdwatching,from my backyard (partially disabled),I usually use an older Pentax 8x40 9.5 deg fov,love it,BUT (Darned heavy) ,or an A.O.E 8x32 Roof.

For Astronomy,an A.O.E 20x80.

Thanks again.
Regards.John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back