• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Symbiosis!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mickymouse

Ubuntu Linux user
A while ago watching David Attenborough's Life of Birds he showed a place in the USA where almost everybody in this town had nesting boxes for a particular bird, now I can't remember the details but the gist of it was that these birds had come to rely on the people of this town for nesting and the people therein where in a sort of friendly competition to provide the best boxes for them.
What I would like to know is, what bird was it, where was it and any other info, possible some pics, I do remember that some of the nesting boxes were ever so elaborate.
Thanks in advance.

Mick

Having received the 6 volume set but not seen all, I will certainly confirm the bird and other info when I get to that tape. ;)

Thanks for that, Purple Martin I shall check it out.
Why don't the beeb repeat Life of Birds? instead of the tedious stuff they do:-(

Mick

Yeah that looks like it. I found the whole thing so fascinating. I must find out if the series is available on DVD, well worth another look and before I shut down tonight I am going back to that link and save the the pic, thanks again.

Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back