• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss BGAT 7x42 (1 Viewer)

Hi James, it's my opinion that price can fluctuate depending on accessories, service history, how bad you want the piece, and the aesthetic and mechanical condition of the binoculars.

In the past few months there have been several very nice T*P* made in Germany Dialyts for 650-700 that took 1-2 days to sell. This price is at or below value. The all too common 800-1100 range 7x42 Dialyts take months to sell, if they sell at all. That, in my opinion, means they are priced too high for most people. Recently a W. Germany T*P 7x42 sold for 795 on astromart, it had a rainguard and had recently been serviced by Zeiss. These took a week to sell.

I still think 550-650 for a 1988 possibly phase coated example is about fair depending on condition and accessories, which we don't know about. Of course this is a matter of opinion.

Petrus82, can you provide pictures? Let us know if you purchase the bins. Good luck!

Regards.
berrns

Hi everyone

I decided not to go for these. They had no accessories and the seller wanted £450. Not for me. I went for Leica Trinivid BA 7x42 instead.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back