• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Elite confusion (1 Viewer)

winwinbino

Before this post, I actually went thru almost all threads regarding this topic, but still can't come up with a real clear idea. Maybe just because I am a newbie.

I am planning to upgrade to some better bino and attracted by those positive comments for this Bushnell elite.

Would any members advise:
1) Elite open bridge 8x43 62-4208: Is it come with ED prime ? If not, how is it performs ?
2) Newer Elite with normal hinge: They have both with or without ED versions but same body design. e.g model#BH 62-0142, a ED or not ?
And how they compare ?
3) What should be the suitable prices for the a/m versions ?

The Legend Ultra is also in the shortlist.

Thank you.
P.S. Hi lilcrazy 2

Winwin

Hey Andy! I see you took my advice to join and entered the giveaway. With a handle like winwinbino how can you miss?

The open bridge 8x43 Elite (62-4208) was made from 2004 and was replaced in the 2008 catalog with the 8x43 (63-0843) which was essentially the same bino with a different armoring pattern. Neither one had ED glass but were extremely good binos. The 8x43 were discontinued in 2009.

In the 2009 catalog they also came out with another closed bridge 8x42 Elite (62-8042) called the E2 which did not have ED glass, and has not gotten very good reviews. Sometime in 2010 this model was revised and given ED glass and the model number was 62-8042ED to differentiate it from the earlier E2 model. The newer ED models seem to get good reviews from all that I have read, but all the 8x Elite bins have a rather narrow 330 ft FOV by todays standards.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Hi Tom,
See if I have that luck. Actually I have same 10x42 Vista bino but in different brand name. It performs so well. At 100 something dollars, it's a steal.

I have an offered of demo Elite open bridge 8x43 (62-4208) at USD500 shipped. Should I go for it or get the brand new Elite ED at similar price range ?
Or, simply buy the Legend Ultra which only costs half of Elite price but still get good performance ?
Thanks
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back