• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West German Zeiss 15x60 (1 Viewer)

trancework

Hey Everyone,
I have a question about manufacture dates. I have a pair of West German 15x60s with the serial 932241. I can't find anything that will give me a clue as to when it was made. If someone has an idea then I would appreciate the help.
Thanks for reading.

Zeiss 15x60.jpg zeiss 15x601.jpg zeiss 15x602.jpg

Hello Trancework,

I suggest that you email the information Zeiss UK and ask them for the date of manufacture. Are y

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Garymh - nothing like being where the action is taking place. Hope you aren't inundated with all kinds of Zeiss related queries, but I happen to have one. Are you game for a response?

My story. When Zeiss still made their outstanding 15x60 B porro, I bought one (new) and have protected it like it was one of the crown jewels of binocular land. Here in the wilderness of central Montana, not many folks have heard of this model, much less looked through one. But as the word gets around, occasionally someone stops by for a peek.

About a month ago while at the local gun range (I don't hunt anymore but spot targets for shooters), a fellow asked to use it at the range, and since I'm an obliging kind of guy, I said, "sure."

Well anyway, when it was returned in the custom leather case made for it several hours later, I was unaware that the little round disc with the serial number on it was missing. I discovered that after returning home and frantically drove back to the range to try to find it. But to no avail. And of course the fellow using it didn't remember anything about the disc.

So now I have this lovely piece of optics which looks mutilated when I use it, and no way of finding out what the serial number was because my record keeping revealed nothing. At age 80, the porro will be changing hands in the not too distant future. It was serviced once by Zeiss. It was registered in my name when I first bought it, and I assumed that there would be a record of that.

So I called Zeiss USA, and a very pleasant woman said not to worry, the guarantee was good regardless of the missing serial number. And she said there was no record of my initial registration and later service.

I realize that we are not talking about a Bentley automobile, but I thought Zeiss would keep registration records. Any advice you can give me?

Thanks.

John

John

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back