• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Universal adapters? (1 Viewer)

Nature__lover

I want to try digiscoping, so I have some questions.
Are universal adapters good? the ones I have seen look quite bulky, are they a bit impractical for trips? would really appreciate any advice.

thank you

Universals are definitely bulky. Got one that has been used less than a handful of times as it was so awkward to carry in the field. It would attach almost any point and click camera to almost any scope so truly universal.

I've now got a dedicated adapter for the scope and camera that I use, it's much smaller and can be easily carried in a pocket.

I have just purchased a Jackar Universal Adapter for my compact camera (Lumix FS10).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Ada...101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item563306c8d5

It seems very well built, quite small and it should fit most compact cameras.
The thread size is 37mm and so you will need a step up / down ring plus the associated eyepiece adapter for your scope.

For my Opticron scope the set up consists of:
Jackar Universal Adapter
37-28 step down ring
Opticron 41111 Photo adapter Push-fit 44

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back