• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lanzarote maps (1 Viewer)

sbpbirder

We're off to Lanzarote for a week this November, staying in Playa Blanca and hiring a car. As well as sunshine we're hoping to see some different birdies. :)

Well I've seen links to lots of bird reports and such but I'm useless at navigating to places without a map/plan so can anyone provide any links to birding sites in Lanza with maps or recommend any books that we should take with us? Thanks.

I must first declare an interest as I helped edit the book, but I'd recommend the new Crossbill Guide to the Canary Islands 1 (Lanzarote & Fuerteventura). It has maps and info about the best birding sites (plus a wealth of detail on the flora & fauna in general). As the photo shows the books have just arrived from the printers and should be published on 5th November. I suggest you contact NHBS (www.nhbs.com) who hopefully will have them in stock before your departure. Failing this send me a PM with your email address and I'll pass it on to the Crossbill Foundation so we can try to get you a copy,

Attachments

• XbillCanaries.png
    XbillCanaries.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 85
Thanks John, I've actually got one of those sitting in my Amazon basket. It looks interesting. :)

Will be in touch if it looks like Amazon can't deliver (I've a gift card amount to use on it).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back