• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

diameter of thread on 1.25" eyepiece? (1 Viewer)

Otto McDiesel

i am still trying to find an eyepiece for an older 80 mm scope. It will take a threaded eyepiece. So, what is the diameter of the thread on 1.25" eyepieces, or, better, are they threaded or do they have bayonet mount?
I don't have a set of calipers, but it looks like the thread in the scope is around 30-35 mm.
Does anyone know of eyepieces that have threads, rather than bayo mounts, like my Swarovski scope?
Thank you.

Otto,

1.25" eyepieces have smooth barrels. They're usually held in place by set screws or compression rings. Many old Japanese spotting scopes used the same thread; Bushnell, Kowa, Mirador, Celestron many others. Bushnell, Eagle optics or Orion Telescopes might still have EP's with that thread.

Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back