• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Finch or Yellow Beak Blue Finch (1 Viewer)

Justforfunfarms

Hi I am from Michigan USA and I have had a really wonderful site of what I believe to be a blue finch at my feeder a couple days ago I was able to take lots of pics but nothing as good as I would have liked. But you can tell it has a yellow beak not black as a indigo bunting would have. Now this morning I had 2 yes 2 of them at the feeder and no I was not seeing things! I took one from upstairs window because I was afraid I would not get another and was right by time I got down there they were scared off by my chickens. Has anyone else seen these birds anywhere around and how rare are they?? Beautiful bird so electric blue it amazes me. Also does anyone have any info on them would love to provide proper for them to hopefully have them stay also wondering what female vs. male looks like I am having hard time finding any info on them thanks!!

Yes, any kind of photo would be good to see. Even a poor-quality photo would probably give some indication of the family affiliation, at least. (Given your geographical location, I'm having trouble imaging anything but the bunting!)

Meanwhile, can you say anything more about the bill? How big (compared to the head) for instance?

Peter C.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back