• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wanted 30D cheap (1 Viewer)

Alexda1988

now im on a pretty tight budget and am looking for a Canon 30D
im on ebay and there are a few, they seem to go for about £150 upwards, is there anyone out there who is willing to sell theirs for about the same haha
i know its VERY cheap but i dont have alot of cash and thought i might aswell ask because u never know hehe

cheers Alex

...am looking for a Canon 30D im on ebay and there are a few, they seem to go for about £150 upwards, is there anyone out there who is willing to sell theirs for about the same haha...

at that price we'd all be buying them ;) a few have sold on here recently, but about double your figure seems a more realistic base price, sorry.

at that price we'd all be buying them ;) a few have sold on here recently, but about double your figure seems a more realistic base price, sorry.

haha i know wot ur saying but i just thought id ask because theyve been going fairly cheap on ebay and obviously if someone on here sells it i know its gona b in good condition at least

cheers
Alex

You won't get a good one for that, Alex: I'm going to sell one of mine, and I'll be looking for around £350 (more if I can get it) - and frankly that's an absolute bargain.

But you're right: whoever gets mine is gonna get a good one..!

;)

Last edited:
You may be able to get a 300d for that money Alex.A lot of people will say steer clear of them but I was using one up until about two months ago.I loved it and had some pretty respectable results with it,In fact I was sad to see it go.It will get you started in the DSLR game and wont break the bank.

You may be able to get a 300d for that money Alex.A lot of people will say steer clear of them but I was using one up until about two months ago.I loved it and had some pretty respectable results with it,In fact I was sad to see it go.It will get you started in the DSLR game and wont break the bank.

Yes, if I was selling my 300d I'd be looking at about that price. I won't be just now. It's a great second body. However I wouldn't recommend one for shooting birds. It's too slow, lacks spot metering - save up for that 30d. Then sell all your furniture to buy good glass ;-)

Mike.

I'm selling my 300D for that price, if you're interested! It's had a bit of wear and tear but works well. Not advertised it here yet - pm me if you want more info.

Incidentally I'm not sure if I fully understand all the technicalities, but I thought it did have spot metering - at least it has several focus points which you can change (I always use the centre point), if that's the same thing ;) (edit - of course it's not the same thing, I'm just having a dumb moment!!). You can see some of my pictures in a couple of my threads, esp the "Israel lite" one.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back