• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spare pair of bins required. (1 Viewer)

senatore

As my Nikon HG 8 X 32 bins have had to go back to Nikon for repairs and are likely to take a long time I reckon I need a spare pair for such emergencies.

I do not mind spending a few bob as long as the new bins are complimentary to the Nikon HG,s.Anyone got any suggestions?

MAX.

out of interest max what is your budget.

you may fancy a really good pair of compacts

Last edited:
If you are looking for cheaper roofs I would suggest Pentax SP's, I don't have the high end bins but my 8X43 sp's are my goto binoculars.

I also have Nikon 10X35 EII's, these are my favorites but I tend to baby them because they are not WP, but....What a view!!

Good Viewing,
Raybo

senatore said:
As my Nikon HG 8 X 32 bins have had to go back to Nikon for repairs and are likely to take a long time I reckon I need a spare pair for such emergencies.

I do not mind spending a few bob as long as the new bins are complimentary to the Nikon HG,s.Anyone got any suggestions?

MAX.

I'd recommend a pair of waterproof pocket binoculars from any of the major manufacturers. I prefer 10x25 but many folks prefer 8x20. They will later compliment your HGs for travel.

-elk

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back