• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone up for a challenge? (1 Viewer)

Hi Mike, I'm new around the forum.........is this a "male thing"......?? :)) or can I jump right in with the female view......!! I would take full advantage of those beautiful hues in the dark water.........a little bright for some :)) An exciting shot for you...and good as is..........but fun to play with.......

Attachments

• ff_copy 3 .jpg
    ff_copy 3 .jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 134
mike from ebbw said:
please have a look at the attached pic of a little grebe i took on saturday.as you can see due to the high iso and the conditions it came out really noisy.i have tried to get rid of the noise in photoshop and neatimage but due to being fairly new at using these programmes this is the best i can come up with.please feel free (if you are bored that is) to have a go.
cheers,mike.

Is this your worked on image, guess we'd need to have the original image to have a fair crack at it otherwise we'd just be touching up an already touched up image.

I see you're from Wales Mike.......I have friends there........Isn't it almost always dull and overcast?? and I just read the Grebe's sink lower in the water for protection...which makes them even harder to "brighten"......I think you got the satisfaction of the "thrill of the hunt" and the "catch".......and seems to capture the "atmosphere" of the region.........Yes, I'm a female and talk a lot...:))

Judi2 said:
Hi Mike, I'm new around the forum.........is this a "male thing"......?? :)) or can I jump right in with the female view......!! I would take full advantage of those beautiful hues in the dark water.........a little bright for some :)) An exciting shot for you...and good as is..........but fun to play with.......

No sexism here Judi2, but you will get the prize for having produced the worst image ever posted on Bird Forum!
:eek!:

Colin

"You Sweet Talker"......and just when I was going to ask to use one of yours.. :-O .If you like that one, take a look at this one !!
http://www.pbase.com/judi2/image/50628295

I need to start a Photoshop thread around here for people who just want a different look at the same "bird"...and need something to do with all these great bird pictures......!!

hi judi.thanks for having a go but it was not quite what i had in mind!(lol).you are not a fan of modern art by any chance are you?where in wales are your friends from?

Hi Mike.......I Do love impressionist art forms....but actually I got into "birds" by receiving an angle finder for Christmas....that lets you see them from a distance..."sneaky" but fun.....and had so many, I wanted to post them somewhere that liked birds.....:).....I met the good folks in Wales by meeting and using David Rowley's Photoshop tutorials.....and have met many since then....He is from southern Wales in a place called Dinas Powrys and another from Cardiff...Do you know this area???.. but I do have photographs also.....Here is one I like and you can see my site and also read about David's forum.... http://www.pbase.com/judi2/image/42155647

Last edited:
Judi2 said:
"You Sweet Talker"......and just when I was going to ask to use one of yours.. :-O .If you like that one, take a look at this one !!
http://www.pbase.com/judi2/image/50628295

I need to start a Photoshop thread around here for people who just want a different look at the same "bird"...and need something to do with all these great bird pictures......!!

How long was the parrot cooked for?

Colin
(o)<

mike from ebbw said:
please have a look at the attached pic of a little grebe i took on saturday.as you can see due to the high iso and the conditions it came out really noisy.i have tried to get rid of the noise in photoshop and neatimage but due to being fairly new at using these programmes this is the best i can come up with.please feel free (if you are bored that is) to have a go.
cheers,mike.

Heres a very quick effort, not much thought gone into it, other than the crop change for a different approach.

Attachments

• ff_copy..jpg
    ff_copy..jpg
    136 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back