• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

recommend a model of binoc for a beginner (1 Viewer)

Just tried a set of sun glasses not the best to do a trial with but thats the best i have. They seam to be both ok with the sunglasses but i think the sunglasses would be a bit bigger that normal wearing glasses. Hope this helps.

carl

Just tried a set of sun glasses not the best to do a trial with but thats the best i have. They seam to be both ok with the sunglasses but i think the sunglasses would be a bit bigger that normal wearing glasses. Hope this helps.

carl

Cheers Carl, Im gonna try to source them both preferably local so I can go in and try them before I buy.
I'll let you know how i get on pal.

:t:

Cheers Carl, Im gonna try to source them both preferably local so I can go in and try them before I buy.
I'll let you know how i get on pal.

:t:
Hi Nightwalker71,
I can do you a deal: I can give you the Vortex Diamondbacks 9X36 for £100..inc P&P (your limit?) I think that's a good deal...these will WAY out perform the Praktica's hands down. Bet you'll get no one of bino knowledge here on BF..(BirdForum) that recommends these. I'm pressing the sale, but, quality is top! :t:

Hi Nightwalker71,
I can do you a deal: I can give you the Vortex Diamondbacks 9X36 for £100..inc P&P (your limit?) I think that's a good deal...these will WAY out perform the Praktica's hands down. Bet you'll get no one of bino knowledge here on BF..(BirdForum) that recommends these. I'm pressing the sale, but, quality is top! :t:

Cheers for the offer, but, being a novice I wouldnt purchase without trying as I would want to compare models to see which suits me best.
I'm sure these are first class and I hope you soon sell them on.

Look around, you can do better than the Praktica, which may in fact work, but...

And in this price class, do not buy any 10x32, 12x25 etc. They are nearly useless. Including Bushnell H2O.

Look around, you can do better than the Praktica, which may in fact work, but...

And in this price class, do not buy any 10x32, 12x25 etc. They are nearly useless. Including Bushnell H2O.

I am off to Lakeside Optics with £100 of my hard earned cash to spend ether thursday of friday.
I will post what I buy on this thread

Darren

Well, always try before you buy! The RSPB holds many bin testing events so that may be useful.
Do keep us up-to-date on your decisions!

Well, always try before you buy! The RSPB holds many bin testing events so that may be useful.
Do keep us up-to-date on your decisions!

Are these events shown on their website in advance?
Think kid in a sweet shop comes to mind haha

Cheers

Darren

Cheers for the offer, but, being a novice I wouldnt purchase without trying as I would want to compare models to see which suits me best.
I'm sure these are first class and I hope you soon sell them on.

Not a problem. Good luck in your quest Nightwalker :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back