• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Ultravid HD+ Rainguard? (1 Viewer)

Dialyt

The Definitive Binocular
Is it the same as the sticky rubber 1st generation Ultravid BR model?

That rainguard was very grippy and wanted to take the eyecups off!

Have they made improvements on the latest version?

Note that the 'eBay rainguard' has a slightly tight fit like the original Ultravid's, that is you can press them lightly onto the eyecups and they will stay put. Difference is they don't wiggle on top of the eyecups like the originals.
However, if you prefer a rainguard with a looser fit (over the eyecups instead of sitting on them) my advice is to go for the Leica rainguard as supplied with the Duovid, see pics.

Renze

Attachments

• Rainguard Duovid black (1).jpg
    Rainguard Duovid black (1).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Rainguard Duovid black (2).jpg
    Rainguard Duovid black (2).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 71
Note that the 'eBay rainguard' has a slightly tight fit like the original Ultravid's, that is you can press them lightly onto the eyecups and they will stay put. Difference is they don't wiggle on top of the eyecups like the originals.
However, if you prefer a rainguard with a looser fit (over the eyecups instead of sitting on them) my advice is to go for the Leica rainguard as supplied with the Duovid, see pics.

Renze

That's nice. Do you know where I can buy this? Would it fit Ultravid 8x32?

Good news: I found my Trinovid rainguard. It fits the Ultravid 8x32 BR well.

I actually have two original rainguards for the Ultravids. I notice that the new one is a lot stickier and has a fresher, rubbery smell, and an oily look and feel to it. When it ages, it becomes more plastic like, but still too grippy to be practical.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back