• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swift vulcan 7x35 mk 1 info. please. (1 Viewer)

stuart C smith

swansong
anyone have any details or info of any kind on the vulcan 7x35 mk 1 714 393 ft at 1000 yrds, please. thanking you in advance and please, no vulcan jokes.

Last edited:
Hello Stuart,

In the 9/1/68 price list accompanying the 1969 Swift Instruments catalog, there are two Vulcan 7x35 models listed: Models 714 and 718. Only the picture for the 718 Mark II W.A. is shown, it having a 525 ft. FOV. I presume that you are asking about Model 714, but there are no specs for it. It's somewhat strange to see a price for a product not listed in the catalog, but there you have it. In general, Mark I binoculars were considered lower than premium, and used simpler eyepieces affording a narrower FOV.

Regards,
Ed

Hello Stuart,

In the 9/1/68 price list accompanying the 1969 Swift Instruments catalog, there are two Vulcan 7x35 models listed: Models 714 and 718. Only the picture for the 718 Mark II W.A. is shown, it having a 525 ft. FOV. I presume that you are asking about Model 714, but there are no specs for it. It's somewhat strange to see a price for a product not listed in the catalog, but there you have it. In general, Mark I binoculars were considered lower than premium, and used simpler eyepieces affording a narrower FOV.

Regards,
Ed

thank you Ed, thats kind, may i ask what was the mk1 priced at please, and yes its a 714 . regards stuart.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back