• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

poor bird (1 Viewer)

Godsbstcreation

i've been having a cat problem. everymorning before i go to school there is a cat under a tarp waiting for its chance. and unfortunatly it got it. does anybody know any way to keep cats away?

heres a picture of the left overs.

any advice would be good, thanks

Adam

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 155
We have talked about cats for some time but it doesn't go down well with admin.It should continually be addressed.I have a problem with 5 cats but sadly we are stopped from talking about it.Seems its ok for the cats to kill off the birds in our gardens because it upsets too many cat owners..... :h?: i

Mary Evelyn said:
We have talked about cats for some time but it doesn't go down well with admin.It should continually be addressed.:h?: i
HI Mary, it's not the subject that "doesn't go down well", it's the constant sniping between members. These cat threads have been going on since time began, and they always end up the same, i.e. not many constructive ideas, but plenty of spats between members.

Regards

As Helen as already mentioned, it is not the subject of cats that is frowned upon. They are a legitimate source of concern when they are allowed to roam..... BUT what admin and staff are tired of is the sniping that goes on inevitably once you get two opposite sides going on a thread. If the topic can be kept on course w/o deviating then there is no problem. But once the name calling starts that is the end of it. If you all would police yourselves against this happening there would be no need to close any thread.

KCFoggin said:
As Helen as already mentioned, it is not the subject of cats that is frowned upon. They are a legitimate source of concern when they are allowed to roam..... BUT what admin and staff are tired of is the sniping that goes on inevitably once you get two opposite sides going on a thread. If the topic can be kept on course w/o deviating then there is no problem. But once the name calling starts that is the end of it. If you all would police yourselves against this happening there would be no need to close any thread.
Thankyou Helen and KC.As a new member I am grateful for your response. o:) I will take your advice on board. :clap:

Mary Evelyn said:
Thankyou Helen and KC.As a new member I am grateful for your response. o:) I will take your advice on board. :clap:

You can get these ultrasonic cat deterrers that use a motion sensor to emits a high pitched sound only cats can here and it scares them away, all other animals are unaffected. I am sure you can find one on the web.

Mark

MarkHows said:
You can get these ultrasonic cat deterrers that use a motion sensor to emits a high pitched sound only cats can here and it scares them away, all other animals are unaffected. I am sure you can find one on the web.

Mark
Hi Mark,I have just been told about a sonic cat scarer on another site and he has 3.He also says he hasn't had a problem with cats since.
Thankyou for that, I am really interested in anything that will deter cats without harming them. o:)

I have heard that large cat Faeces scares off Domestic and feral cats. You can obtain it from zoos by special arrangement. If buried in the garden it does scare cats off.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back