• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your favourite bird???????? (1 Viewer)

Nicky mwangi

Nicky mwangi
Its always happen that one has his/her favourite in almost everything. Lets share personal favourite bird and try explaining why its your favourite.

NICKY!

I can't say if I have a favorite. I tend to have favorites in different families. I won't list them here in case you're looking for specific favorites.

My favorite bird is the northern flicker because they are beautiful in flight and because they have different behavior than other woodpeckers.

I don't think I could name one favorite. I like certain birds from different families, and I also change my mind constantly when I see new species, haha.

Right now I'm a big fan of the black-crowned night heron, osprey, and black-and-white warbler.

My favourite would be a Cedar Waxwing for the brilliant colour and shape. But I take photos of Canada geese the most.They provide hours of entertainment in our nearby lakes. Of course all eagles, falcons, and hawks are majestic to see as well.

Of those who regularly visit my garden, it would be the goldfinch. Spectacular colours :)

Chosen from other birds away from my patch, it would have to be the hoopoe just for it's looks !

i also have 2

1) european eagle owl - because it is just an awesome creature in every way

2) blue tit - they just look cheeky and act cheeky when i see them at my feeders

For me it's a toss-up between Goldcrest and Long Tailed Tit, they are favourites because both species are totally unfazed by human activity. I have stood in the middle of a feeding flock of LTT's many times and they fly so close you could almost reach out and touch them. Likewise Goldcrest's are unconcerned by someone watching them, they just carry on as if you are not there.
Jackie

my favourite is the bullfinch because i hear them most days
at my local patch,theyre so shy and difficult to see and when i do see
one the males are so beautiful i can watch them all day long,but
if i did that i would miss other things.

I would have to say Orchard Oriole because of its unusual colors, and the fact that it is often overlooked by birders

A common topic. Mine is still the "Western Scrub Jay." They still won't let me leave my home. Nest raiders and all 'round hell raisers. A symbol of wild lands yet, a city bird. And they're blue. Between them and Rufous Hummers it's a wonder we humans still exist.

ooh i didnt put my favourite,its the red chested cuckoo birders call it the rain bird basically because of its call which sounds like the bird sings a chorus repeatedly "it will rain" in addition to this locating it is a puzzle-more heard than seen but when you locate its surely worth it and will probbly be glued to this.One look is never enough.
Nicky!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back