• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seattle in June (1 Viewer)

Birdingam

Hi

Hope somebody can help.

I'm on a business trip in June to Seattle and based in the CBD so not much chance of birding there. Can anybody point to nearby places that can be reached with public transport for a quick birding fix? and, if so, whart I might see.

Thanks

Actually Seattle is a good town for birding, and has public transportation. I don't live there, but spent a summer in 1967 at UW. On reflection, that experience may not count.

CBD - is that the central business district? Seattle has a waterfront downtown, and there may be interesting things for visiting birders there, and you could take a ferry over to Vashon and back, just for the ride.

Check out Seattle Audubon, and the Washington Birding Trail site here:
http://birdweb.org/birdweb/birding_sites.aspx

One would hope a local person could respond, but if noone does, my son lives there, and I could find more out.
Good birding,
Jeff

Thanks for this Jeff. Yes Central business district it is. It does appear Seattle is porbably at hits best during the winter months but unfortunately June it is. I've noticed the public transport system looks good and I hope to get the bus to some of the parks.

Ferry trips might be better for some of the water/sea birds though.

Locals from Seattle got any ideas to locations within easy reach of downtown ?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back