• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What was the criticism of the old Conquest 8x30? (1 Viewer)

They're worth more than that to me. I don't mind keeping them. :)

BTW, it doesn't matter what they're advertised for on Adorama's site. None are to be had currently.

If they don't sell at their listed price, I'm fine with it. I won't take less and why should I? Most agree they're alpha class bins at a quarter of the price.

Last edited:
Zeiss have clearly said there will be no HT 8x32, so while a new alpha 32mm will undoubtedly appear in the fullness of time, I wouldn't hold your breath.
And the FL is so good.......

Lee

LIES! LIES! LIES! DESTHPICABLE LIES! I TELL YA.

A PLOY TO PUMP UP THE PRICE OF THE 8X32 FL IN SOUTH KOREA....

ALACAZAM!

Attachments

• daffy-duck-movie-poster-9999-1020309896.jpg
    daffy-duck-movie-poster-9999-1020309896.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 46
I will echo David and Torview.

CA and a narrow view!

FL 8x32 has 420' view at 1,000 yds vs 360' for the Conq 8x30 and is brighter and sharper and much better CA control IMHO. FL also focuses closer although its a couple of ozs heavier.

Conq HD is very nearly as sharp, isn't quite as bright and doesn't handle CA as well as FL, but, it is fabulous value for money. Although there have been issues reported with blackouts with HD 42mm (I didn't experience these) I haven't seen this reported anywhere for HD 32.

Good luck whatever you decide o:)

Lee
I did.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back