• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field work ... hard work! (3 Viewers)

I have also to agree with you.It is a Robin.
But this is now difficult...

Attachments

• tail.JPG
    tail.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 59
true, in september most spanish sparrows have left (southern romania at least, i don't know how long they stay in northern greece). but it's either of the two and a female, so a differentiation is hard enough...

Spanish Sparrow?
A nice guy !
This is not a Spanish Sparrow...

Field work....hard work!
I thought that was a House Sparrow ,but it is not.:C
So, Rock Sparrows we got here. They are very nice.
Here another one from the Spanish Sparrow and a new ... tail!

Attachments

• Pas_his.jpg
    Pas_his.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 59
  • tail_feb.JPG
    tail_feb.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 64
it could well have been a house sparrow, ody. females are really hard to separate, especially if not obviously streaked on belly. and as i said in september sppanish sp. have left for africa (in romania, don't know how far they got in northern greece) so, prob. house.

ortolan for the new one?

Hi,Lou!
It is really confusing.Last days I had a long discussion with a friend of mine.So we decided that this is a Spanish Sparrow. Spanish Sparrows appear the whole year here. More in summer , but you can see also many of them through the winter.
Maybe the Sp.Sparrows from Romania overwinter here!

The new is not an Ortolan.|=(|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back