• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Customer Service From Zeiss (1 Viewer)

Dantanamo

Just had a very positive experience with the folks over at Zeiss (US facility). This June I purchased a demo pair of their 8x42 Victory SF bins (gray version) from an online store, Red Hawk Rifles. To make a long story shorter, the price was great ($1,614.00 US) but I noticed that there was a bit of minor debris in the left lens barrel. I ended up sending them to Zeiss here in the US, who then sent them to Germany-- which took 3 months for shipment/cleaning/return.

Zeiss paid for the shipping costs to mail the bins to them and sent me a loaner pair for the duration, no questions asked. They then sent me a shipping label to mail back the loaners once I received the now-clean original pair. I noticed they had replaced one of the eyepieces (free of charge) as well.

Nobody makes a perfect product, but it sure is nice working with a company that makes a real effort to keep their customers happy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back