• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I still love my Zeiss 10x40 B/GA T*P* Dialyt / ClassiC. (1 Viewer)

Hi Jerry. Mine were fine when I won them on the Bay. But sent them off to Zeiss here in the uk to just check them out for me. All they done was re-greased the hinge everything else was fine focus and optic wise. Lucky to get a pair that were well looked after

Of the four Zeiss Dialyts / Classics ( three 10x and one 8x) I have handled all have had play in the focus.

Today i've been enjoying the Hummingbirds in my yard. Their numbers have picked up so I suspect it's the beginning of migration.

Attachments

• Zeiss - hummingbird.jpg
    Zeiss - hummingbird.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 330
Reviving this thread, as I am still looking for a nice clean 10x40 BTP. I would like to know
from those who have compared, how the T* coated version would compare to the T*P*
model ? What advantages does the phase coating add to the model.

I know condition is important, and these will be mostly for my collection, I have others that I
use regularly. Is slack in the focuser a given, or are some better when not used as much.

I had a 10x40 BT*P*, and after twice sending it to Zeiss, they could not get the slack out, so they
replaced it with a Conquest HD.

A lead is appreciated also.

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry I own a 10x40 BT, 8X30 BGATP and 8x20 BGATP and a 7x42 BGATP. Now, i have tried all of the alternatives - 10x40 BGATP and all the rest non-P, and the differences with P are substantial, if you are a critical reviewer. Brighter, more contrast, a bit sharper and just a better overall view.

My 8x30 BGATP is one of my sharpest binos, and stands up to most modern glass, apart from stray light handling and ergos.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back