• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A trip to Lost Creek Shoe Shop (1 Viewer)

Bryce...

If you get a chance, take a look through a Pentax DCF ED 8x32. I have the 10x50 and really like the performance.

...Bob
Kentucky, USA

Bob, I have thought about that! I just recently sold my 10x43 ED Pentax and it is really great glass! Instead of the 8x32 Pentax ED I purchased a Leupold 8x32 HD! It was between the Leupold, Pentax and Kowa! I have the SP Pentax and had tried the non-HD Leupold and not being able to see the Kowa or read any good user reviews I opted for the Leupold HD! I'm not displeased with the Leupold although it has a pretty fast focus ala Nikon 8x32 LX! It's a good glass I posted about it in the Leupold forum. The Kowa just intrigues me! I like Kowa and I just keep telling myself this could be that diamond in the rough! I could be totally wrong? And it might not be any better than what I currently have on hand, time will tell I guess? I just think between Kowa's lack of advertising and the lack of any pertinate user review's have me holding back! Now if there were some definative reviews on the Kowa I would be in line cash in hand ready to purchase! Bryce...

Bryce The first time I went to the shoe shop I tried the Zeiss 8x42 and 8x32 FL binoculars and I would probably have the 8x32FL if I wasn't so cheap.:) As far as that goes I would have the Swaro 8x32 EL if not for the same reason.
Regards,Steve

Hi horukuru,
What a great 'action' packed blog...lovely stunning images you got of them birds.
REALLY great work. THANK YOU!
Your blessed with photographic skills - or digiscoping skills more appropriately!

Nick

Forgot to post this way back in 2007;) I think they got a shipment in that day. Shows what looks like a compressed air line into the shop.

Attachments

• lost creek shoe shop 025 (Large).jpg
    lost creek shoe shop 025 (Large).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 186
Golly, Steve, all these years I've been dying to know if they had a compressed air line coming into the shop. I held my tongue. I knew you'd come through!
YESSSS!
Ron

Sancho, I need another pair of work boots, so I should go back to this shoe shop. Does Swarovski make shoes? I can ask if you need an air line in your home.;)

Sancho, I need another pair of work boots, so I should go back to this shoe shop. Does Swarovski make shoes? I can ask if you need an air line in your home.;)

Steve, I have been perusing an atlas to figure out where the nearest airport/car rental is to the Lost Creek Shoe Store. I feel this strong urge to visit, like the Richard Dreyfuss character in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". This evening, I have been experimenting with my collection of bicycle pumps, just pumping air into my living-room. It all seems to make sense, on some level. I have a great book by Otto Friedrich called "Going Crazy - An Inquiry into Madness in Our Time"; there are a lot of crazy people out there, and I wonder if we´ve joined them...;)

Steve, I have been perusing an atlas to figure out where the nearest airport/car rental is to the Lost Creek Shoe Store. I feel this strong urge to visit, like the Richard Dreyfuss character in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". This evening, I have been experimenting with my collection of bicycle pumps, just pumping air into my living-room. It all seems to make sense, on some level. I have a great book by Otto Friedrich called "Going Crazy - An Inquiry into Madness in Our Time"; there are a lot of crazy people out there, and I wonder if we´ve joined them...;)

Sancho,

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF MAKING CHARCOAL DRAWINGS OF THE AMISH AND A MUD SCULPTURE OF BINOCULARS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIVING ROOM, YOU WILL KNOW THAT IT'S TIME TO LEAVE YOUR WIFE AND KIDS AND MAKE A PILGRIMAGE TO THE LOST CREEK.

OUR PANEL OF JUDGES ARE MAKING A SPECIAL AWARD THIS MONTH TO STEVE FOR THE MOST BUMPED THREAD IN HISTORY BY THE ORIGINAL POSTER!

B.

Steve:
I like Redwing boots, and nice optics, I see they carry the optics, but how
about the Redwings?

Jerry

Sancho,

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF MAKING CHARCOAL DRAWINGS OF THE AMISH AND A MUD SCULPTURE OF BINOCULARS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIVING ROOM, YOU WILL KNOW THAT IT'S TIME TO LEAVE YOUR WIFE AND KIDS AND MAKE A PILGRIMAGE TO THE LOST CREEK.

OUR PANEL OF JUDGES ARE MAKING A SPECIAL AWARD THIS MONTH TO STEVE FOR THE MOST BUMPED THREAD IN HISTORY BY THE ORIGINAL POSTER!

B.

Brock, How did you find me out?;)

Jerry, Yep they have Red Wings and that is what I buy.:t:

Last edited:
James I am hard of hearing and that is why Brock is shouting. Trouble with his keyboard, Brock wears out his keyboards with all his long posts.;)

Steve:
I like Redwing boots, and nice optics, I see they carry the optics, but how
about the Redwings?

Jerry

EARLIER THIS YEAR, I WROTE AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE STORE FOR PENNSYLVANIA BUSINESS CENTRAL, BUT IT APPEARS THAT IT'S NO LONGER ONLINE. I WILL SEE IF I CAN PERSUADE THE EDITOR TO GET HIS SON (THE WEBMASTER) TO REPOST IT.

IT WAS ABOUT HOW THE TROYER FAMILY WENT FROM BEING CARPENTERS TO OWNING A SHOE STORE AND WHY THEY ADDED AN OPTICS SECTION, AND HOW THEY HAVE FARED THROUGH THE RECESSION.

IF THEY DON'T HAVE ROOM TO REPOST IT, I CAN SEND YOU THE ARTICLE VIA EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

HERE IS A PHOTO STEVE TOOK OF THE WORK SHOE AND HUNTING BOOT SECTION.

BROCK

Attachments

• lost creek shoe shop work shoe and hunting boot section..jpg
    lost creek shoe shop work shoe and hunting boot section..jpg
    68 KB · Views: 174
EARLIER THIS YEAR, I WROTE AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE STORE FOR PENNSYLVANIA BUSINESS CENTRAL, BUT IT APPEARS THAT IT'S NO LONGER ONLINE. I WILL SEE IF I CAN PERSUADE THE EDITOR TO GET HIS SON (THE WEBMASTER) TO REPOST IT.

IT WAS ABOUT HOW THE TROYER FAMILY WENT FROM BEING CARPENTERS TO OWNING A SHOE STORE AND WHY THEY ADDED AN OPTICS SECTION, AND HOW THEY HAVE FARED THROUGH THE RECESSION.

IF THEY DON'T HAVE ROOM TO REPOST IT, I CAN SEND YOU THE ARTICLE VIA EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

HERE IS A PHOTO STEVE TOOK OF THE WORK SHOE AND HUNTING BOOT SECTION.

BROCK

Brock:

Send me your article, I would like to read it.

Jerry

I too have a great urge to visit the Lost Creek Show Shop. Optics and boots under one roof. And a huge selection of both. Nirvana for me, as Mooreorless knows.
And even better still, American boots come in width fittings unlike British ones. I have very wide feet. I have yet to find a truly comfortable boot. The USA is my only hope I believe.

Sancho, shall I meet you there instead of Eire? We could have a glass of moonshine instead of stout :)
That reminds me, I need to buy a lottery ticket first.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back