• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

100 Birds of Barbados photo Challenge (3 Viewers)

Good luck to you! I am in Barbados right now, and yesterday was taken out where we saw 37 species. One of them is not one your list of species seen in 2012: Stilt Sandpiper at the Congo Shooting Swamp.

Cheers
Niels

it's good to hear your in Barbados hope you enjoy your stay. I was in St lucy yesterday and was able to add to my list, once comfirm, a Lesser or Greater Black Backed Gull. Will have to pass by Conga Road and check it out. Thanks.

Good luck to you! I am in Barbados right now, and yesterday was taken out where we saw 37 species. One of them is not one your list of species seen in 2012: Stilt Sandpiper at the Congo Shooting Swamp.

Cheers
Niels

Did you visit Chancery Lane? Yesterday there were about a flock of 77 Blue Winged Teals

Cheers
Niels

Thanks JE,
We did visit Chancery Lane but in bad light. We saw teals but nowhere near the numbers you report here.

Niels

Thanks JE,
We did visit Chancery Lane but in bad light. We saw teals but nowhere near the numbers you report here.

Niels

Here a photograph i took for my records

thanks for the hookup about the Stilt Sandpiper. i was there this morning also saw black Bellied and Semipalmated plovers

Would you be here for the weekend?

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 125
Thanks, but no, we will be traveling back Saturday. I am at the St Lawrence gap and have enjoyed the sanderlings and turnstones on the beach in front of us.

Have you been down to Inch Marlowe point? I think that was where we had some very cooperative Semipalmated plovers.

Niels

JE, remember the possible LA Bullfinch/hybrid you found? I wonder if you find it again if you would post new pictures, it will be interesting to see if it stays mottled or if it moults to black?

Niels

I saw it again at the same location but was unable to get quality photographs. It looks the same i'm starting to belielive that it is a hybrid.

JE, remember the possible LA Bullfinch/hybrid you found? I wonder if you find it again if you would post new pictures, it will be interesting to see if it stays mottled or if it moults to black?

Niels

Do you know where a place called Alaska Shooting Swamp is? Far up north. A little further west, but on small roads I do not know, there was another small pond with these and a couple of domestic type mallards.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back