• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

12X42 NL Pure resale value (1 Viewer)

Beware of Chinese fake Swarovski binoculars. Same for other premium brands. The thieves and crooks are looking for YOU.

Show us some proof of counterfeit high end binoculars. That is just talk, I don't believe it.
I have not seen a single breath about it anywhere.
Jerry

Perhaps of interest . . .

Some years ago, Andy posted about an obviously fake 12x42 Swarovski:

Swaro fake.jpg

It was a rebadged low end/ generic unit (and curiously it predated the introduction of the first Swarovski 12x42, the NL in 2020).
See more at: Swaro Fake

As I noted:
. . .
It’s the first clearly fake Swarovski binocular that I’ve seen - marked with the Swarovski name - and I’m somewhat surprised it’s taken this long
I’ve seen various other binoculars with screen printed hawk logos, and no other identifying markings, offered for sale along the lines of ‘possibly Swarovski’

In contrast, clearly fake Swarovski telescopic sights have been offered for some time
The units are marked Swarovski, and come with matching Swarovski style packaging (having both Swarovski and hawk logo markings on a cheap corrugated cardboard carton)
They are offered in quantities of up to 200 on the Chinese sales site AliExpress and are described as ‘imitation’
. . .

I've not seen any other clearly fake Swarovski binoculars since then (though the sights appear with some regularity).
So if anyone has more recent images, I for one would be interested in seeing them
- they'd also provide a useful heads up for others.

John

p.s In contrast, what seems to be a genuine Swarovski rarity, an 8x40 version of the Habicht Porro prism binocular
in shown in post #26 at: Habicht 10x40 WGA Objective Covers

Last edited:
How much hunting do you do and how many hunters do you know? Or does reading articles make you an expert on everything.

90% of hunters don’t buy high end stuff. I see what they buy, most are rocking vortex diamondbacks and bruntons for binos.
You don't half talk some crap.
Just admit when you are wrong you muppet.
What a clown you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back