• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x20 UV eyecups modification (1 Viewer)

momotych

Cuz I found the original eyepieces too small and jerky, I explored different ways of their upgrade.

Now I want to show you guys my own version of customizing the eyecups for Leica 8x20 Ultravid.
I used rubber sleeves (original P/N (MercedesBenz): A2033270090..... (Very smooth and thin soft rubber of high quality really! ). For $3 a piece )))

Then apply on them a bit of accurate cutting job... So they fit exactly , been stratched on, the original eyepieces barrels. These modified eyecups are much more comfortable than original ones.

Then I made (from remaining cuttings of rubber) the rings for lenses cups (wich was the eyepieces' cups earlier. Before this tuning )))) and sticked these rings to caps with drops of SuperGlue. These cups are very convenient for me now!
Been folded down the binos are ready to put into theirs original case.

Attachments

• A2033270090.jpg
    A2033270090.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 8x20UV.jpg
    8x20UV.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 8x20UV_1.jpg
    8x20UV_1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 8x20UV_2.jpg
    8x20UV_2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 215
  • 8x20UV_3.jpg
    8x20UV_3.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 185
Yes , i really did try many various rings but such soft corrugated rubber tubes (like in military riflescopes) are more comfortable for long surveillance... imo of course :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back