• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Algarve Warbler (1 Viewer)

ndsutcliffe

SkyBlue136
Tidying up photos - missed this - taken 21st October at Ponta da Atalaia in Sagres. Only one photo and not particularly good. Suspect Spectacled, due to rust colouration on wings, but not patterned enough for Whitethroat. Head looks relatively big. Can't really make out the primary projection, so not sure. Looking for confirmation/correction. Thanks

IMG_6117.JPG

Hello,

can a Western Subalpine Warbler be excluded?
I think it is one, but wat a pitty that this is the only picture.

The othe roption is a Sardinian Warbler, which should lack the peachy cream wash to the throat.

Hello,

can a Western Subalpine Warbler be excluded?
I think it is one, but wat a pitty that this is the only picture.

The othe roption is a Sardinian Warbler, which should lack the peachy cream wash to the throat.
Yes could be subalpine, but I felt the wings looked too rusty in colour. But the lighting isn't great - I saw the bird, snapped one photo and it flew off, so I had no chance to watch it for any time.

To me the eye doesn't look right for Sardinian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back