• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Canadian from BC (1 Viewer)

Kildale

Nature Guy
Canada
Hi. I have been here a while now and have posted a couple of messages and a few photos in an a;bum. Thought I should make it official now and say Hello to you all. I'm a long way west of Gaye from Osoyoos, Vancouver Island, Victoria and Butchart Gardens for those that have been over here.

Hi Kildale,

Welcome to Birdforum :t:

I guess you need no introduction to the site as you seem to be finding your way around pretty well. I have certainly enjoyed viewing your photos in the Gallery and I hope that you continue posting them.

I hope that you are enjoying the site and I look forward to reading your postings.

Happy Christmas !

Hi Derrick,
Great to see you here, as I said about Gaye....the BF members are in for a real treat when they see your shots.
Just love your Bushtit shots, I hadn't seen that photo of the pair before.
Best regards and a merry Xmas,
Andy B

Hi Ian. Thank you for the welcome. As you said I have been trying to do a few things here. I'm no computer whiz though.

Hi Andy. Gaye invited me to join, really looks like a great site. Still admire your photos when I link into various sites.

Oh Derrick you are getting into it here... that is awesome as I think you are too... your photos are so good and I know that the folks here will enjoy seeing the huge variety you get in your backyard right on your sundeck!!!

Hi Brian. Thank you for the welcome, don't beleive all Gaye says about me. I'm just average. I have been busy over the last three days changing the images in my web site. Although they were all JPG, Microsoft changed them to GIF. I purchased another programme and have re-done the images to JPG. Please have a look http://members.shaw.ca/summar4

Derrick, I guess it depends on what you call average. I call myself average, too (not trying to insult you). However, at the very least, you are quite above average on composition (and other catergories as well). What camera and lens are you using? Also, is there a way to view the photos larger? I just took a quick peek, but did not see a way other than how they are viewed when the window opens. I always like seeing a larger photo because too many things can hide in a smaller one.

Hi Brian. I'm new here and don't know as you can make the photos larger. I use Pentax 35m cameras with mainly an 80 to 320 zoom. for wildflowers I have a 90mm macro, and shoot slides. For posting pics I have to scan them, they look pretty decent, but I'm sure they must lose something. As its not critical for forums etc. I don't worry to much about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back