• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any recent info from North East Spain? (1 Viewer)

ColinD

United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm off to North East Spain for a week as from next Monday, on a mainly family holiday, but with a bit of birding thrown in. We're staying in Roses.

The two main sites I'll be visiting are Aiguamolls D'Emporda, a marshland nature reserve just outside Roses, and a day trip to Nuria in the Pyrenees. I've been to both sites before, but a few years ago, and in the case of Aiguamolls D'Emporda, only briefly.

I wondered if anybody had been to either site recently, and could give me some up to date information. Has anybody seen Lammergeier at Nuria recently, and what are the chances of Alpine Accentor and Wallcreeper?

When we get to Nuria, I'm planning on going up the mountain to the east in the cable car. Last time I walked up the mountain to the west. Which is best?

Has North East Spain been badly effected by the Spanish drought? Will Aiguamolls D'Emporda be recognisable as a wetland?

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks a lot

Colin

ColinD said:
Hi,
I'm off to North East Spain for a week as from next Monday, on a mainly family holiday, but with a bit of birding thrown in. We're staying in Roses.

The two main sites I'll be visiting are Aiguamolls D'Emporda, a marshland nature reserve just outside Roses, and a day trip to Nuria in the Pyrenees. I've been to both sites before, but a few years ago, and in the case of Aiguamolls D'Emporda, only briefly.

I wondered if anybody had been to either site recently, and could give me some up to date information. Has anybody seen Lammergeier at Nuria recently, and what are the chances of Alpine Accentor and Wallcreeper?

When we get to Nuria, I'm planning on going up the mountain to the east in the cable car. Last time I walked up the mountain to the west. Which is best?

Has North East Spain been badly effected by the Spanish drought? Will Aiguamolls D'Emporda be recognisable as a wetland?

Thanks a lot

Colin

I'm sorry this is rather too late, but how did your trip go? Did you know about my book on northeast Spain "Where the birds are in northeast Spain"?
Did you see anything of interest at Núria? I'm interested because since I wrote the book it seems that few people if anybody has reported Wallcreeper there.

Regards
Steve West

Nuria

undefined
ColinD said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot

Colin

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back