• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Autumnwatch, successful yes or no (1 Viewer)

I thought it was a bit disjointed, kept jumping around, and just when you got interested in something it was off to something else.
Loved the clip of the eagle chasing the stag, though! (o)<

Yes.

Has to have been good. On Monday I went to Martin Mere and it was very busy. This on a week day in term time.
So Autumnwatch did it's job.
Personnally didn't like the content much but there you go.

yes i think parts of it were successful.such as bringing wildlife to tv, as i dont think there is a great deal of it on, at least on the 5 terrestrial channels. but what i think lets the programme down to a great extent is the relationship between kate and bill. she doesnt really know how to handle him and often shows this by looking uncomfortable and he butts in a lot as though its 'bills show' and kate some mere amatuer with very little of value to say. there is often and false and awkward atmosphere between the two, i think so anyway. david attenborough has raised the bar high for nature programme presenters.

stephen x

Steven Astley said:
Yes. Certainly beats all the celebrity worshipping c**p TV is obssessed with these days.

Exactly!!! :clap: Spring/Autumn Watch IS genuine reality tv.....not the pathetic freakshow that is Big Brother!

I've had SO many customers come into our shop in the two weeks that AW has been on and, knowing that I'm 'into' wildlife have had fantastic conversations with me - even leading to queues building up LOL I don't care though - ANYTHING which gets the general public interested and aware of nature can only be a VERY good thing! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back