• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Back to the Bridge........ short story.. (1 Viewer)

antoinettoni

I've been taking bird pictures now for about 6 years I started with a fujifilm HS10 and once I'd discovered the manual mode I was hooked..

Over the years I had various bridge cameras .. which I enjoyed a lot.. but all were limited never fast enough.. great in very bright weather.. but disappointing in average weather..

I decide to upgrade to a full frame multi pixel camera so I could take advantage of the faster lenses and better crops on the small birds..
Well I've had the SONY A7R mk2 and a SONY 70-200 f4 lens for a while now.. (a perfect kit right.. )and it does take great pics....but it feels wrong .. too big and heavy..lens doesn't look right on a small camera . and.. I feel something is missing..I don't enjoy it like I did with my old bridge cameras.. and it's about having fun.. not striving for perfection.. so..

It looks like I've gone full circle.. and have just ordered the Sony RX10 mk3.. bridge camera..(didn't choose the mk4 because I don't like touch screens and don't need the phase focusing) it has an f4 lens and 25x zoom ..I hope the quality matches the specs

I've just received my rx10 mk3 ..the menu and set up are very similar to my a7r2..so straight on to shooting.. my first impression after a few test shots.. is WOW.. I'm really impressed... bridge cameras have certainly moved on since hs10 and xs-1.. I've just taken a shot of a bluetit and I'll upload that next to a similar one taken with my A7R2.. You be the judge..
www.flickr.com/photos/antoinettoni/37139593563 . This is great I feel I'm back in charge... Yay.... .. anyone want to buy a a7r2 with lenses?..
Toni...

Hi Toni and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about and will maybe see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back