• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Backpack for my gear (1 Viewer)

Wachtel

My normal setup for birding is a D300s+TC2,0III+300VRII. I'm looking for a backpack that can hold this without trouble but still be fairly small. I've been looking at the TT Glass Taxi but from what I have read the TC would have to be removed.

Anyone with a recommendation?

Thanks!

My normal setup for birding is a D300s+TC2,0III+300VRII. I'm looking for a backpack that can hold this without trouble but still be fairly small.

Lens hood attached or reversed?
The Lowe Flipside 400 should take the combo for sure with hood reversed, not sure if it will fit with hood attached. The larger Flipside 500 should have no problem with your rig in either configuration.

Ulli

I have just bought the flipside 400aw & it's a brilliant bag, it will take my slr with battery grip attached & 100-400 zoom, plus loads of acessories.

take a look at the wex website they have a lowepro rucksack i cant remember the model but it should be 89 pounds but theyre doing it for 63 its green and black the plain black one is still full price i bought one and it holds my D300S and D90 my 18-200vr , 50mm , 10-20 , and 70-300 , flashgun batteries, memory cards cokin filters the lot its also got the AW cover and is comfortable on the shoulders too ive done 2 weddings with it and no issues

A 3kg+ pack for a D300s w/300 f2.8 and TC2xIII!? No thanks!

I also use the Lowepro Flipside 400AW for the exact same kit. It is half the weight and 1/3 the price! Plus I get the convenience of not even having to take the pack off to access the camera.

I hadnät noticed the weight. 3 kg, thats way to much.

RJM, can you fit this combo, rigged and ready, in the 400 AW?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back