• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beaver zoos (1 Viewer)

At RIAT yesterday, a few things cancelled by wind but a good show overall. Nearly all the rain missed to left and right (y)

John
👍
I'm griping about the fact that this year some of the Trimingham Bee Eater parking charge is being redirected to the RSPB for monitoring and safeguarding the nesting birds. More than happy last year when the £5 parking fee per car went to the landowner / farmer but this year its £5 per person unless you walk there or cycle.
Has also upset some of the locals who wish to visit on a frequent basis to see how "their" visitors are fairing.
And this sourness from a Life Fellow.

👍
I'm griping about the fact that this year some of the Trimingham Bee Eater parking charge is being redirected to the RSPB for monitoring and safeguarding the nesting birds. More than happy last year when the £5 parking fee per car went to the landowner / farmer but this year its £5 per person unless you walk there or cycle.
Has also upset some of the locals who wish to visit on a frequent basis to see how "their" visitors are fairing.
And this sourness from a Life Fellow.
I agree, it's ungrateful poor practice but presumably the landowner agreed it or he could have kicked everybody out?

Perhaps some negotiations including locals before next year - maybe visiting rights in exchange for some volunteering?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back