• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beginner Advice (2 Viewers)

Originally posted this under the Live Streaming forum but got no response

"Hello everyone. I hope I am posting this question in the right place. I am interested in live streaming my backyard feeders and bird house, but don't know where to begin. In the past I would film birds with my iPhone, but of course the battery runs out. I haven't had much luck so far in finding a backyard camera that will record at very high quality, and that will record for hours upon hours (24/7) like a live stream requires. I would be very appreciative for any information and recommendations about the best equipment and set up for recording for long periods of time in a high quality format, preferably on a budget. Thank you!"

There are a whole host of cameras, most aimed at the security market, that will do the job.

A waterproof HD ip camera can be picked up for $50. You will need to run a power cable to it and if it is out of range of your WiFi you will need to run a network cable to it.

Youtube makes live streaming easy, the main problem is getting anyone to watch it!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back