• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Alpha Glass for Low Light? (2 Viewers)

First off, welcome to the birdforum. The low light differences between any of alpha 42's is going to be very slight. Having said that, low light comparison is something I've spent many hours doing.

In 42mm I previously owned the Victory SF, and Leica Ultravid HD+ 7x42. At present I have the Victory HT, Victory FL 7x42, SLC-HD, and recently discontinued SLC WB. To my eye the absolute best is low light is 8x42 SLC WB. In fact, the two Swaro SLC's are the best I've ever looked through period, and that includes the NL Pure (which I've checked four different times at length in outdoor conditions).

It's personal preference, and many will prefer something else, but I can say without reservation that the SLC's are the only bin I've ever used where I did not ask myself if I would be able to see the subject better through something else.
SLC 8x42 for me

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back