• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

best camera? (2 Viewers)

DougL

United States
I'm interested in installing a screech owl nest box camera. I'd like wifi transmission, low light responsivity and or illumination, and plug-in (I'd like to avoid batteries and would rather not bother with solar power. I can easily run a line). Motion detection would be nice. Ideally economical. Ought to be pretty small to fit in the box, but I guess external electronics could be properly protected. Suggestions? Of course, this is for a camera IN the box, not looking at the box from the outside. I'd like to believe there are some decent comparison/review pages that would be useful here, but I can't seem to find any.

Last edited:
OK, I've converged on the Green Feathers v3 camera. Marvelous device, well engineered, excellent support, and informative YouTube videos all over the place. The one demerit is that Green Feathers is in the UK, and while they market to the U.S., shipping charges are significant. Amazon used to sell them, but is not currently stocking them. You can get Green Feathers cameras on e-bay, but they are a lesser version without current capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back