• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big gull from Ankara, Turkey. 18.04.2017 (1 Viewer)

Kaan Ozgencil

Birdwatcher and ecologist
Hello. I saw this gull today at the campus. It was flying solo. The sky was overcast and the sun was almost gone, so the photos are too bad. I really need to ID this gull! It might be a new species for our campus checklist! Please help me ID this gull!

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
no, i guess not. but the dark underwing and white body fits best a yellow-legged gull. and you can be pretty sure it is this default species.

Thanks Lou. Let's get some gull people here and have their opinions as well. Any gull people out there who would like to ID this gull =)

I didn't know that Lou =) I have 3 people saying that it's a 2cy baltic gull. What do you think about that? All three are experienced birdwatchers.

Why do you think it's a yellow-legged rather than a Baltic? And thank you very much once again for replying and helping us ID the bird ��

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back