• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Jump..? (1 Viewer)

Pepitogrillo

Andorra
hello,
Is there really a big/biggest jump between series like Monarch 7 to HG, or Viper to UHD, Conquest to FL...? what in other series?
Let me explain, is there always a big jump in every brand of binoculars between similar or contiguous sections?
thank you
Pepito

If I didn't know you were a regular around here, I'd think you were a troll... LOL

'Big'? Define big... I have not seen 'big' jumps between 'tiers' in my range of experience (all the Leica glass, excepting Duo's/RF). Is there a noticeable jump - yes, definitely and w/out question. For me it's mostly been FOV, ER, CA and glare-control. Sharpness and build quality, not as much.

Where the question gets admittedly tricky is in answering whether each 'jump' is worth $500-1000 (or more). I could take my Trinovid HD's birding any day of the week, and be quite happy. Am I happier with NV's? Yes. Is that additional happiness worth nearly $2k?

First world problems....

I think there is quite a jump between the 100-200€-range (Vortex Diamondback for instance or Svbony SV202) and the 500-1,000 range. Next big jump probably needs another doubling of funds, from 1,000 to 2,000.
But I think at 500-1,000 one can find great instruments that will have great quality. For that extra bit of FoV or flatness of field, one probably needs to double that amount once more to 2,000.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back