• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID - Carara National Park Costa Rica - March 2023 (1 Viewer)

masonflint

I took this photo at Carara in March. I know, not a great photo but hoping some of you might be able to help with ID. Although the crown isn't visible and the face is partly obscured, I'm wondering if this might be a Golden-crowned Spadebill. The back color, bill, big eye, and short tail look right but...

Any thoughts? Possible Golden-crowned Spadebill - Carara National Park - March 10 2023.jpgCos

Pattern wrong for the spadebill. Suggest eye-ringed flat bill. (We can't tell how long the tail is here because of the angle.)

Agree, looks good for Eye-ringed Flatbill - we saw a couple including this one at Carara NP last year.

Attachments

• P4262578_DxO.jpg
    P4262578_DxO.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back