• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Book recommendations before a trip to Uganda? (1 Viewer)

katastrofa

Supporter
Norway
I'm going in July (see the other thread about safety :D) and I'm interested in birds (ofc) and mammals. I know I should get the Princeton Field Guide "Birds of East Africa", but anything else?

I'm going in July (see the other thread about safety :D) and I'm interested in birds (ofc) and mammals. I know I should get the Princeton Field Guide "Birds of East Africa", but anything else?
The Merlin app + package (stating the obvious, probably) 🙂

The Rossouw "where to watch" guide was quite useful for when I visited for an overview, but bare in mind that access will have changed for a number of site (e.g. I wasn't able to bird beyond the gate without a guide at Bwindi when we visited in 2016). Plenty of great trip reports on Cloudbirders to whet the appetite before you go too...

Im going later in the year. The east Africa book is really good. I also really like this. Very characterful illustrations.

IMG_0588.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back