• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

brown breasted flycatcher? Singapore (1 Viewer)

wuwu1277

Hi, these two photos were taken in Singapore this morning. It does not look like an Asian Brown, a brown breasted flycatcher? Pls advise the ID. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 38
Hi, these two photos were taken in Singapore this morning. It does not look like an Asian Brown, a brown breasted flycatcher? Pls advise the ID. Thanks in advance
Wow, it is most certainly is a 1cy Brown-breasted Flycatcher and congratulations! Presumably a 1st for Singapore, they are exceptionally rare in this part of SE Asia with only a couple of records from peninsula Thailand and a further spring record from Koh Man Nai in the Inner Gulf suggesting that a few may winter in the peninsula. The main wintering grounds are in SW India and Sri Lanka.

The combination of whiteish lores and eyeing, lateral throat stripe, warm breast and flanks, rufous edged coverts and secondaries, bill pattern and pink legs confirm ID.

Grahame

Last edited:
Congrats wuwu!

I see Singapore is Flycatcher heaven at the moment, with Taiga, Ferruginous and Chinese Blue all sighted in the last few days.
Dear Andyb39: Thank you very much. I am always wondering how come you got every piece of birding info of Singapore? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I just got my Taiga yesterday. And I was actually looking for the Chinese Blue this morning and was complaining about my bad luck as I missed the bird for the last three attempts...:oops::oops::oops:. Thanks much!

Dear Andyb39: Thank you very much. I am always wondering how come you got every piece of birding info of Singapore? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I just got my Taiga yesterday. And I was actually looking for the Chinese Blue this morning and was complaining about my bad luck as I missed the bird for the last three attempts...:oops::oops::oops:. Thanks much!
The Bird Sightings Facebook page!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back