• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can we hope for a SFL x30 or x32 in the future? (1 Viewer)

An interesting story I thought... We did a recent bird count over an area of a National Forest here. Each leader of which I was one, had 3-4 other birders with us. I had the Trinovid 7X35 and a MHG 8X30 with me. After a little while into the count I told each person with me to give me their binocular and for them to use the ones I had. They all preferred the Trinovid in jaw-dropping fashion.

9B73F7EA-169A-4BE4-B6C2-1B4C2A002CE5_1_201_a.jpeg
And of course the pump-action Winchester you were carrying had nothing to do with this at all..................

Lee

30mm SFL:s on the way...

30mm SFL:s on the way...

Incredible! Allmost too good to be true. Hope this all materialises and fulfills the high standards the SFL 8x40 has apparently set. I won't just sell my FL 8x32 yet, though. But the specs are most tempting.

Incredible! Allmost too good to be true. Hope this all materialises and fulfills the high standards the SFL 8x40 has apparently set. I won't just sell my FL 8x32 yet, though. But the specs are most tempting.

I wouldn't either. EVER! The FL:s are hard to beat.

With a bit more eye relief the SFL30 could be interesting though.

Last edited:
I wouldn't either. EVER! The FL:s are hard to beat.

That's how I feel about the x42 models, but I'm less happy with my 8x32. Though, it's mostly the red-orange coating I have posted about earlier. But with the even closer minimum focus there is an additional incentive.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back